Monday, March 19, 2012

Welcome To Room #9 Metal Heads... Creeper is Here!


I just had to write about my new fixation with the Southern Metal scene. Folks around the world probably don't realize that the epicenter of hard rock and heavy metal is in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. So many rock legends reside in the Texas Metroplex as well as new groups breaking out.

Lets take a look at a few names you may know from the area: Pantera, King Diamond, Omen, Rigor Mortis, Damageplan, World Beneath World, Drowning Pool, Lockjaw.. so many more I can go on forever.

My taste for Texas metal really grew when I use to listen to the legendary Z-Rock radio network and their new music showcase the Shredder of the Week. 1 out of 5 always came from the DFW area and several went on to make it big, such as the almighty Pantera!

Well, my latest group to get turned on to is also from Dallas and known as Creeper. They just released their debut album "Welcome to Room #9" on DSN Music, also home to Omen and World Beneath World. Creeper gets it so right and really understand and translates their metal roots perfectly on the release.

Several tracks punch you in the mouth right out of the gate like "M for Murder", "Now", and "Timmy" to name a few out of this killer mix. The production really shows and now wonder, it was produced by industry veteran Tye Robison who was also responsible for production on Drowning Pool and Gravity Kills albums.

Each track off the album kicks ass, just pure southern in-your face metal! It also has a classic metal feel bringing back a sound reminiscent of old school Armored Saint, Metal Church, and Saxon.

I searched YouTube for a few videos of the guys doing a live show, and was not disappointed! These guys hit the stage ready to rage! Guitarist Jimi Fritz and vocalist Daniel "Danimal" Watkins are just outstanding showmen. I would pay to see these guys at a show any day!

Glad to see another project from the Dallas area make the national scene! I would suggest searching iTunes for Creeper... you will not regret it my fellow headbanger!

2 comments:

  1. They did not go just national, but International, which is awesome, cuz now being their Finnish fan I also have the chance to be a part of this awesome Metal Adventure. GO CREEPER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... They finally did it. Also to see these dudes live is more better than the cd. The minute they hit your town and you miss them your sure to kick your own teeth in. They are that good. Just down load all their songs and see for your self! CREEPER IS THE BEST EVER IN A VERY LONG TIME!!! I been waiting for a band to blow my mind and reel me in. They did the first time I seen them... And I am the one who started CREEPER NATION!!!! Be a part of it . I swear you won't be sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete